Saturday 3 May 2008

Paper Gifts For First Anniversary

If you are looking for paper gifts for a first anniversary then this is a good example of what can be achieved. A Gift of Poetry, being made from paper, makes a traditional first anniversary gift. As every gift is uniquely written, every gift is highly emotional. For example, Frank wanted to say a few things to his wife on the occasion of their first wedding anniversary. As Frank had spent most of their first year in Iraq, he had quite a lot to say in his First Anniversary Gift….

What is your name frank garguilo

Who do you want the poem written for Kimberly Garguilo, My wife

Why do you want the poem written Kim and I are celebrating our one year wedding anniversary. I have served in Iraq almost the whole time since the wedding. She has been patient and strong. I also will be home in April right after our anniversary.

What style of poem would you prefer (happy, sad, romantic etc.) Romantic, kind of happy

Please choose which package you would prefer Deluxe

Would you like a copy of the handwritten drafts Yes

What are the key messages you would like to send My wife has been an extremely great wife. I have spent our first year of marriage in Iraq. I want her to know how thankful and appreciative I am of her patience in this hard time. She has sent me many many care packages, cards, love letters, emails. Meeting her was the greatest thing to ever happen to me. She has been supportive throughout. I love her w/ all my heart and soul. She is a very sweet woman and everytime I see her glow it feels me w/ joy knowing how much in love we are. She is the most beautiful woman in the world. She has beautiful Long hair, beautiful blue eyes, and a great smile w/ rosy cheeks. (I think her smile rivals Julia Roberts) Just to give you the idea.

Do you have any funny, sad, happy, embarrassing or otherwise memorable moments that you would like to share When Kim and I met, we met through my friend, her cousin, Jon at a poker game right before the 4th of July in 2005. At first I was just concerned at winning the game b/c of my competitiveness, and money on the line. As the game wore on she was starting to beat me. Throuhout the night she and I started flirting, she started it by laying her head on my lap (I'm very shy). At one point I was offered a shot of liquor but was worried I would spill it on my shirt. To that she responded for me to take it off. I did and then I think I knew there was some chemistry. By the end of the night we were kissing and cuddling on her cousins couch. It started out w/ her taking my money and by the end of the night I knew I was meeting a great person. I went to Disney World w/ her family on Thanksgiving of that same year. It was great. Her family is so loving and caring. They are really sweet and they took me as their own. I felt very comfortable w/ them and everyone was so generous. Kim, me, Jon, (Her cousin and my friend who introduced us), Becky and other family members, were celebrating Becky's (her cousin) 21st birthday in the Keys. We all got drunk for those 3 days. We also went to a unique bar where men dress up like women and I got hit on by the dancers (not funny to me) but she and her family seemed to get a kick out of it. It was an overall fun time and gave her cousins and aunt and uncle more time to know me and have fun. When we got married it was the happiest day of our lives. We both are naturally shy. We were worried that we wouldn't dance a lot b/c of that. To both of our surprise we danced the night away. We dances as if no one was watching, as the cliche goes. We kissed kissed and laughed and smiled all night long. I could see her glowing all night. I never felt so in love. Her smile was so gorgous, and is to this day. That dress was stunning and the night was perfect. Her cousin, and my best man, Jon gave a great toast and her brother was a groomsman. It was the start of our marriage together.

Do you have any other comments or thoughts We got married April 14, 2007. My active duty started officially on the 25th of April. Before that I was fully enrolled in the fire academy. We rarely spent that much time due to studying and then getting deployed. It was very tough for both of us. She has scoliosis and had to have a procedure done on her back to remove something from a previous surgery. Unforutnately I was unable to be there. That was in November of 07. In October her Lung collapsed spontaneously at church. Once again I could not be there. She also had another surgery a couple months before that. I want to thank her for the strength of fighting and recovering and being strong. Her parents were great during this time. After the surgery she had to wear a brace for 4 months. My wife has been so good and strong and I want her to know that I love her. This has been a tough year for her but it will be joyous to reunnite w/ her in April. I come home in mid to late April. If you can try to mention that in the poem. For her anniversary she will get what I think she wants most. Me, Frank, her husband, her soldier.

So, I Got You Me

As you know, I've been away a lot,
almost the whole time since we were wed,
and you've been so patient and so strong,
and that one line leaves so much to be said:

Because Kimberly, I do love you so very much,
and I can't wait to hold you in my arms once again,
so, now I'm counting the stars, counting the days,
counting down to that soon to be sometime when.

But in the meantime, I just wanted to say thank you,
because you have been a great wife, in the extreme,
and I just wanted to thank you for being you,
to thank you for letting me follow my dream.

I want you to know that I'm very grateful to you,
in truth, I'd like to thank you for all that you've done,
because your love has my inspiration, my light,
in every way, you've been like my morning sun.

You've sent me so many cards and care packages,
you've also shown great patience through this time,
meeting you was the greatest thing ever to happen,
yes, thanks for putting the reason in my rhyme.

You are such a sweet and wonderful woman,
and truly, I love you with all my heart and soul,
for with you in my life, I am complete, yes,
you are the one that makes me completely whole.

Thanks for being so supportive through all this,
every time I see you glow it just fills me with joy,
you are the most beautiful woman in the world,
and yes, in that world, I'm it's luckiest boy!!

I love your beautiful long hair and blue eyes, and
your great smile that shows how much in love we are,
just know that if my love for you were a distance,
well, it would reach way beyond the furthest star.

Actually, your smile rivals that of Julia Roberts,
and certainly, your rosy cheeks put hers to shame,
and Kimberly, I just wanted to say thank you,
thanks for giving me the honor, for sharing my name.

We've come a long way from Jon's poker night,
I lost my money and then since, I've lost my heart,
and I'm so glad you asked me to take my shirt off,
that's when our chemistry really got off to a flying start.

By the end of the night, we were kissing and a cuddling,
and by the end of that day, well, put it this way, I just knew,
I knew that I'd forever lost my Independence, as
I knew I would spend the rest of my life loving you.

We had a great time at Disney World that year,
it was great and your family took me in as their own,
I feel very comfortable with them, they're just so loving,
in truth, I'm very grateful for all the love that they've shown.

I wish I could remember more of our time in the Keys,
but we spent those three days getting really wasted,
I'll never forget being hit on by the dancers, not funny,
no, that's one experience I'm glad I've never tasted.

Of course, I'll never forget our wonderful wedding,
truly, it was the happiest, the very best day of my life,
and Kimberly, I just wanted to say I'm proud of you,
yes, I'm very proud that I can call you "my wife".

I remember being worried that we wouldn't dance,
but we danced like, now how does that cliché go?
But we kissed, kissed and laughed and smiled,
all night long and all night long, I could see you glow.

Do you know? I've never, ever felt so in love,
your smile was gorgeous, as it is to this very day,
your dress was stunning, the night was perfect,
and Jon said it all when he got to have his say.

But I did just want to thank you being so tough,
you've had too many dramas, along with surgery,
but just know that I couldn't be any prouder, so
I got you me, Frank, your husband, for our anniversary.

Copyright Allen Jesson 2008
www.agiftofpoetry.com


Frank kindly replied:

"Hi Allen. Thank you. I think the poem is fabulous. I think it is very good. The only thing I noticed wrong was the word "now" I think you meant to be "know" in the first sentence in the second to last verse in the poem. The 6th verse is my favorite verse or 6th paragraph, not sure how they are considered in poems but I think you know what lines I am taking about. I don't know if I can get the Ribbon range. I don't know if that is in the package I chose. If it is I want the Gold. If it's not then I want the hearts from the Classic range. My personal message can be "Kim, I love you with all my heart and soul, Happy One year anniversary, may this be the first of many many years of happiness."Also you have my permission to publish the poem, use my name and the story. I think this is a great idea and customers should see that you can make a beautiful poem using various stories. Also how do I pay the remaining balance? Do you just bill the credit card for the rest or do I need to go back to your site and do something? Once again thank you for your services and I think the poem is perfect.

Thanks Again,

Frank"

No comments: